One mama's Perspective on Living Lightly on our Earth

Sharing information, products and experiences to help keep our children safe, green and happy!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Making Easy Organic Apple Sauce

 

 Some days it's easy to forget the simple things in life. Homemade organic apple sauce is by far one of the easiest kid-friendly foods to make from scratch. I just can't bring myself to pay for the jarred stuff when this tastes better, costs less and gets eaten warm off the stove. Yum! 

We go through numerous apples weekly but I always find some Organic BC ones on sale and stuff the fruit drawer. I have a sale addiction- I'll admit it. Once the best and the good apples are gone the bruised, beaten and dropped ones get peeled, cut and tossed into some boiling water. Simple.
Depending on the kind of apple you're using you might have to mash it up a bit with your stirring spoon. My mom always used one of those old fashioned hand potato mashers. I don't have one but they work perfectly! Macintosh just falls apart into perfect sauce. Galas are more prone to keeping their shape. Makes great baby food too and no question about what's in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment