One mama's Perspective on Living Lightly on our Earth

Sharing information, products and experiences to help keep our children safe, green and happy!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We survived Christmas and Boxing Week- Phew! So What's Next?

Our kiosk space at University Heights is now packed up and we're back to online based sales and free cloth diaper demos from home for now. It was so wonderful to meet so many local customers in person and to bring more awareness to eco-friendly products.

 My sister Jenn, worked many hours at the booth too so I'm sure many of you had a chance to meet her as well. 

The Green Toys Tug Boats were super popular along with our fantastic wooden stacking rainbows (which we're currently sold out of!). All be it a very small space it was a great chance to get my feet wet with a little brick and mortar reality before making any big decisions on that front. While I really love the online business, it's growing steadily and Abby will be in school before I know it I'm sure so I'm beginning to take a look around at possible locations for Abby Sprouts. I have a feeling it will be along road to find the right space at the right price and terms etc but it's fun to look and dream of course. 
Our Clementine Art Crayons were constantly admired by passer by's too.

So What's Next? For now, I'm considering all the extra's that come with a a 'real' location and how that will all play out. I'm also wondering about the importance of parking, accessible buildings, windows and corners, displays, signs and all the other fun stuff that comes with setting down roots for Abby Sprouts in Victoria. Of course, the online shop will continue and probably grow to include more variety as time goes by. I'm always open to new products, requests and special orders.  All what ifs and possibilities are fun and exhausting! 

Our Ever Popular and Awesome Priced ($17.95) Chef Set made from Recycled Milk Jugs!

So I believe a Thank you is in order to all our fabulous customers new, old and loyal because we've had a fantastic first year and are hopeful for many more to come. It's such a great feeling to be supported and encourage to continue with an ethical family style business and I of course could not have done it with out all of you fantastic customers and the huge help from my family up front and behind the scenes.



I hope you have all had a wonderful 2010 and let's go for even better 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment